Advertise on ATVAmpthill Print CentreHeathers Cleaning Services

The Hide

Where are the best places to have a meal or drink locally?

Re: The Hide

Postby CraftsbyCarolyn » Sat Jul 12, 2014 7:27 pm

more info here:

http://www.bedfordtoday.co.uk/news/loca ... -1-6175314

A unique lounge bar will officially open its doors this evening as it welcomes people seeking a place to drink fine wines in a relaxed atmosphere in Ampthill.

Business partners Sam Pearce and Andrea Wilson always dreamt of opening up their own bar, but it never seemed to be the right time - until now.

From 5pm The Hide Bar and Lounge on Woburn Street will launch its opening night as locals arrive to see what it has to offer.

Mum-of-two Sam from Ampthill said: “There are lot of people who think the same as I do, that there wasn’t anything in Ampthill catering for people of a certain age who just wanted a nice place to go out to in the evening where they could have a drink and a few nibbles.

“There are lots of pubs and restaurants in Ampthill, but sometimes you don’t always want that kind of noisy atmosphere - instead you just want to relax.

“The Hide has got a really nice, chilled out atmosphere and it’s a lovely place to visit.”

It may have been dubbed ‘Ampthill’s best kept secret’ on the Hide’s new website, but as interest surrounding tonight’s launch grows, the team could have the desired problem that customers will be queuing to get in.

The snug bar can allow up to 60 people inside, with the outside area giving room for a few more, but judging on The Hide’s reaction on social media, the whole town could be lining up on the streets.

Sam added: “We’re absolutely beside ourselves about the reaction from people on Facebook and Twitter.

“We would love it to be a great success and that people leave here thinking they have had a really nice time, whether they’re just coming for a drink or a little bite to eat.

“We have big ideas, but at the moment we have to get ourselves all set here first and make sure everyone has a great time.”

http://www.thehidelounge.com
CraftsbyCarolyn

Postby LILOLIL » Tue Jul 15, 2014 11:45 am

My husband, a friend and I paid a visit on Sunday lunchtime - it really has been done out lovely inside and out and everyone was very friendly. We had some Peroni's and a glass of wine. Lunch menu was sandwiches, jacket potatoes, salads. I would say definitely worth a visit on a warm evening
LILOLIL

Postby louise » Tue Jul 15, 2014 8:56 pm

Went for coffee today and my friend had toasted ciabatta. Both were lovely and service was excellent.
louise

Postby Weatheredman » Sat Jul 19, 2014 5:35 pm

The Hide, a new wine bar has opened in Woburn Street, Ampthill. Chris Hayes attended the preview night.
http://www.ampthill.tv/play.html?id=411
Ampthill TV
http://www.ampthill.tv
Weatheredman

Postby oceanbreeze » Sat Jul 19, 2014 9:07 pm

A fantastic venue and a sophisticated asset for the Town. The renovations are stunning.
Wishing them every success. :bo
oceanbreeze

Postby CraftsbyCarolyn » Sun Jul 20, 2014 12:31 am

What lovely premises, will have to go soon.
CraftsbyCarolyn

Postby Paradise_Alley » Fri Aug 08, 2014 8:05 pm

I have been there recently of an evening.
Undoubtedly very nicely set out but not quite my cup of tea. I should add the folks/staff were very friendly and pleasant.
My friends that have been all really seem to have liked it though and they always appear to be pretty busy, so I'm clearly in a pretty small minority.
I dare to be different.
To jest pieprzone rondo!
Paradise_Alley

Postby CraftsbyCarolyn » Sat Aug 30, 2014 12:36 pm

Went there today for coffee and cake - sat outside and shared chocolate brownie and lemon cake £9 - very nice, premises are lovely - staff friendly - will return
CraftsbyCarolyn

Postby CraftsbyCarolyn » Sun Dec 21, 2014 12:03 pm

They have launched a new menu this week

https://www.facebook.com/thehidelounge/ ... =1&theater
Attachments
10845898_841942959162508_500596321871322625_n.jpg
CraftsbyCarolyn

Postby oceanbreeze » Sun Dec 21, 2014 10:28 pm

Feeling the heat of competition I reckon.
oceanbreeze

Postby LasagneMan » Sun Dec 21, 2014 10:55 pm

It's funny.
When we moved here 30 years ago, pretty well all there was in the town was antique dealers and estate agents.
Now, it's pretty well eats and or drinks and estate agents.
Was still reading the Daily Mail online to make sure I've not yet become a grumpy old man.
Then one day, I found I was screaming at the screen.
Now banned from a coffee shop :-)
LasagneMan

Postby sizzla » Sun Dec 21, 2014 11:51 pm

LasagneMan wrote:It's funny.
When we moved here 30 years ago, pretty well all there was in the town was antique dealers and estate agents.

It's all good. I remember the pre-Waitrose days. The town centre was virtually dead, especially at the weekends.
sizzla

Postby LasagneMan » Mon Dec 22, 2014 10:54 am

sizzla wrote:

It's all good. I remember the pre-Waitrose days. The town centre was virtually dead, especially at the weekends.

That's true and untrue. For evenings, yes. But the days were busy with people wandering around the antique dealers. Unfortunately, there was no where for them to stop and eat! :-)
Was still reading the Daily Mail online to make sure I've not yet become a grumpy old man.
Then one day, I found I was screaming at the screen.
Now banned from a coffee shop :-)
LasagneMan

Postby Paradise_Alley » Wed Dec 24, 2014 10:31 am

Don't forget all the places to get a hairdo!
To jest pieprzone rondo!
Paradise_Alley

Postby CraftsbyCarolyn » Mon Dec 29, 2014 9:10 pm

The town does seem to have picked up again in the last few years, it was on a bit of a downslide, but I like to think it is on the up.
CraftsbyCarolyn

PreviousNext

Return to Eating & Drinking