Advertise on ATVAmpthill Print CentreHeathers Cleaning Services

The Chequers at Houghton Conquest

Where are the best places to have a meal or drink locally?

The Chequers at Houghton Conquest

Postby CraftsbyCarolyn » Fri Nov 20, 2015 7:07 pm

Is now a Little Gem pub? When did it change? All new menu now

http://littlegemscountrydining.co.uk/ve ... -conquest/
http://chequers-ampthill.co.uk/menus/
CraftsbyCarolyn

Re: The Chequers at Houghton Conquest

Postby SCRABBLER » Sat Nov 21, 2015 10:55 am

I have to say, the last time I went there I was not at all impressed with the culinary expertise of their kitchen.
So perhaps others felt the same and the foot trade had dropped off a bit, hence becoming a Little Gem Pub. Fresh menu, fresh look etc,
SCRABBLER

Re: The Chequers at Houghton Conquest

Postby Deniselydon » Tue Nov 24, 2015 12:43 am

I went to the Knife & Cleaver in Houghton Conquest 2 weeks ago at 7-15 on a week day with my Grandson 4 items on the menu they did not have 2 other tables had the same trouble & were not happy so I ordered chicken after 30 mins it arrived the chicken was over cooked & I could not cut through the vegetable's & one tiny splodge of a potato My Grandson had to order a filet steak after 3 items he wanted were sold out he asked for medium rare & arrived well done he was not impressed the wine was nice as was the sweet All this cost £72-50 No apology what so ever never again will I venture there & I live in the village I have left a scathing report on Trip advisor The best meal I have had & have been many times is the Dog & badger in Maulden

I have been to the Chequers many times & only once was it not nice I had my Mothers funeral meal there for 15 people & every meal arrived quick & was very nice So well done..
Deniselydon

Return to Eating & Drinking