Advertise on ATVAmpthill Print CentreHeathers Cleaning Services

In praise of "The Oracle"

The latest news and gossip about what's happening in Ampthill.

In praise of "The Oracle"

Postby SCRABBLER » Mon Oct 15, 2018 4:48 pm

This little booklet comes around every month or so and is full of small adverts for mostly local businesses. It is fair to say that I now don't get out as much asI did and in the last six weeks or so I have had to rely on The Oracle for all sorts of things. First, I was desperate to get my car serviced as the Dealership for my car in
Bedford has now disappeared, and I had been buying cars from them since 1990, I didn't want to go to MK so I used a firm in Station Road, AVS they are called and they did a very good job at a very reasonable price. Then I found that I had to two misted-up double glazed windows, again I used the Oracle and hey presto another friendly face appeared and said there would be no problem. Lastly, the window cleaning firm I had also been using for years decided it was time they gave up and retire and I managed to do most of the windows for six months but at long last I have had to give in. There in the Dinky Ads of the Oracle was a window cleaner. a Happy chappy arrived and in no time put matters right and will do so as of now every six weeks of so.

All these people have been helpful and done a good job so I am in full praise of The Oracle and those who put it all together - long may they do so, So next time your want a job done you know what my advice will be - yes, right first time!! :bo
SCRABBLER

Re: In praise of "The Oracle"

Postby CraftsbyCarolyn » Fri Oct 19, 2018 10:08 am

I found the plumber in there. Tried so many that didn't turn up, so decided if they were advertising they were available. But wasn't actually the case!
CraftsbyCarolyn

Postby SCRABBLER » Fri Oct 19, 2018 12:00 pm

Sorry to hear that C.C. I was only speaking as I found, and so far so good. Perhaps you were unlucky. I suppose plumbers are well sought after, but it was disappointing that you were not replied to.
SCRABBLER

Postby CraftsbyCarolyn » Fri Oct 26, 2018 9:22 am

I managed one in the end, and was pleased with everything.
CraftsbyCarolyn

Return to What's Happening