Advertise on ATVAmpthill Print CentreHeathers Cleaning Services

Festival

Ampthill's beautiful and historic amenity

Festival

Postby CraftsbyCarolyn » Thu Jul 07, 2011 11:06 pm

We had a times and citizen delivered today and there was a festival guide in with it (we don't generally get a paper). But we do deliver the paper (on the other side of the road!) and we did not have any guides with it - so not sure if there is a problem or whether the paper person was helping out and delivering them as a favour?

So hope everyone manages to get a guide one way or another :)
CraftsbyCarolyn

Re: Festival

Postby F and M » Thu Jul 07, 2011 11:49 pm

You're lucky to get a paper. We usually do but haven't received one this week yet. Didn't look like anyone else at the top of Oliver Street did either. Pity since I was looking forward to looking in the job ads! :(
F and M

Postby LILOLIL » Mon Jul 11, 2011 12:31 pm

Had a great day Sunday - even when it poured down a couple of times - no spirits were dampened. Music was good. Everyone seemed in a good mood. Really nice and relaxed. One complaint .... WE took a bag and made sure that ALL rubbish was in that bag and that we when the helpers with black bin liners came round we disposed of it unlike some youngsters around us who just walked off leaving bottles, bags, containers everywhere ... come on kids its not hard!
LILOLIL

Postby Fortytwa » Mon Jul 11, 2011 5:23 pm

It was well organised but really is it not just the same stands year on year.

interesting that someone should suggest the bands were good. the one that I saw involved young lads screaming/shouting into the mike generally whilst out of tune.
Fortytwa

Postby Fortytwa » Mon Jul 11, 2011 5:24 pm

and while I think about it saw some young lads heading to the venue with a shed load of tennents super. Same youths were seen later well hammered.

And the "security" preventing you taking alcohol away from the band area seemed to be quite happy knocking back the ale.
Fortytwa

Postby dark angel » Mon Jul 11, 2011 7:47 pm

i would just like to say well done to everyone who organised the events i was up there for the lightning seeds and gala day and it was great. good to see so many people there enjoying themselves. ref young lads drinking, i was pleased to see the stewards, and police checking the age of the younger drinkers and in some cases seeing them having there drinks removed from them, for being underage, what i want know is were are they getting it from. but it was a great weekend, so thankyou to all organisers, and to the stewards who gave up there free time to help out. well done looking forward to next years lol :da :da :da
dark angel

Postby dark angel » Mon Jul 11, 2011 7:54 pm

p.s i didnt see any of the secuity drinking, the drinks on the table where there while people went to the loo and to get some food, mine included lol thanks for that chaps. we wernt allowed to take drinks into the park area because there licence, was only for the area which was fenced off, and i wernt taken me nice chilled beer into those loos, two hands needed and all that lol
dark angel

Postby sarek7 » Mon Jul 11, 2011 8:11 pm

I took a few pictures. Got fortytwa and his hat, the back of masquerade and lots of umbrellas, but the 3 pints of Golden Fox prior to wandering up there put pay to any pullitzer prizes!! :Be
sarek7

Postby Paradise_Alley » Mon Jul 11, 2011 9:15 pm

My cohorts that attended the Lightning Seeds were most impressed.
They took ample supplies.
To jest pieprzone rondo!
Paradise_Alley

Postby CraftsbyCarolyn » Sun Jul 24, 2011 7:12 pm

we were away this for this so missed it, what was the weather like?

I see that there are some pics in the Bedford today:

http://www.bedfordtoday.co.uk/news/toda ... _1_2861940
CraftsbyCarolyn

Return to Ampthill Park