Advertise on ATVAmpthill Print CentreHeathers Cleaning Services

Who made the error ? AP Trees chopped by mistake ?

Ampthill's beautiful and historic amenity

Who made the error ? AP Trees chopped by mistake ?

Postby timmy toad » Sat Oct 03, 2015 12:05 am

Everyday I see more Trees chopped down, all according to the PLAN

TODAY I compared the plan with what has actually happened and they are quite significantly DIFFERENT

For example, walk from the big car park along the path under the avenue of trees, to a crossing of paths, which is the actual greensand ridge, it is here where there is a Rubbish Bin, there was a clump of trees, NOT silver birches either, three different types of broad leaf trees stood here, they are now all GONE !

The plan clearly shows that clump WAS SAFE from DESTRUCTION

So who got it WRONG ? And how much more is wrong ?

I spoke to a couple of "the friends of AP", they also weren't previously consulted, regarding the quantity of trees being blatantly destroyed !!!!

As it happens i have discovered i actually took a picture of this same clump, apparently mostly sycamore and a cherry.
Tim
Last edited by timmy toad on Sat Oct 03, 2015 12:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
timmy toad

Re: Who made the error ? AP Trees chopped by mistake ?

Postby sioux » Sat Oct 03, 2015 10:51 am

These trees have ALL gone. I thought we were supposed to be saving trees and not chopping them down. There was nothing wrong with them, they were beautiful. :bo it's not a very nice park anymore. Ruined by MAN. Grow your own DOPE plant a man. :bo
sioux

Postby pantomime cow » Sun Jan 31, 2016 3:41 pm

There is a story in the Beds on Sunday this morning about this. Seems somebody has put up an anonymous notice in the park claiming that some trees were chopped down by mistake. The town council were given the opportunity to deny this, but failed to do so. That doesn't mean the allegation is true, but if not one does wonder why the council did not take the opportunity to scotch the rumours.
pantomime cow

Postby timmy toad » Sun Jan 31, 2016 5:18 pm

Yeah i heard about that notice as well. There was a Park regular talking about "the wrong trees" on Three Counties Radio earlier this week ! Again the Council were invited to respond but didn't. Sadly i no longer get the Beds on Sunday delivered. I found it online though :-)

http://www.bedfordshire-news.co.uk/Cont ... story.html

12229765-large.jpg
the notice that was quickly removed

Tim
timmy toad

Postby sioux » Sun Jan 31, 2016 7:37 pm

Ampthill council are scum bags. They won't own up or speak to anyone about it. Why can't they plant some new trees there. They have got rid of the shrubs and blackberry bushes near the seat over looking the children's play area. It used to be lovely sitting there in the summer it was a sun trap. Now the park is just crap. They are going to have a celebration of Ampthill park you can scrap that. What is there to celebrate.
sioux

Postby Chorradas » Tue Feb 02, 2016 8:21 pm

Apparently questions will be asked about this at a meeting of Ampthill Council's Parks Committee on Wednesday February 3. Anybody interested is welcome to go along and hear the "answers".
Chorradas

Postby Raving Mad » Tue Feb 02, 2016 8:36 pm

It would be nice if Ampthill council would answer the question because at the minute the deafening silence makes people think they have something to hide. They have been given the opportunity to respond by three counties radio and Beds On Sunday but silence
So just to make it nice and simple for them could you please spare a minute from your busy day running Ampthill and answer a few simple questions.
1 Did your contractors cut the trees down at the top of the track from the west car park overlooking the reservoir by mistake?
2 Many people up the park have said this group of trees you cut down were the same trees the council planted in 1977 to celebrate the Queens jubilee, is this correct.
3 If the tree should not have been cut down who will be paying for their replacement and when will they be replanted?
It wouldn't take the council a couple of minutes to answer these questions and it could clear up gossip and misinformation so go on council do the decent thing.
Raving Mad

Postby timmy toad » Tue Feb 02, 2016 8:58 pm

"something to hide" sounds about right !!

Tim
timmy toad

Postby timmy toad » Wed Feb 03, 2016 8:38 pm

Latest :- Oh well, there wasnt any Public Questions presented to the Council for tonights meeting !!!

Tim
timmy toad

Postby mickmc » Thu Feb 04, 2016 8:42 am

Get a grip people it's becoming embarrassing reading your puerile comments slagging off the council, if you think you can do better then put yourself forward for the job otherwise stop complaining - if you think the park is now crap don't use it!
mickmc

Postby sioux » Thu Feb 04, 2016 11:44 am

Your a blinking right one aren't you. You must think it's a great park, you twit.
sioux

Postby mickmc » Thu Feb 04, 2016 12:27 pm

So anyone who disagrees with the whingers is a twit - take a look at yourself!
mickmc

Postby Chorradas » Thu Feb 04, 2016 2:48 pm

Apparently councillors last night denied that the wrong trees had been cut down. One just wonders why they didn't do that in the first place when approached by the Press, which would have put an end to the speculation. So unless anybody can back up the allegations with any proof, that's it.

http://www.bedfordshire-news.co.uk/Ampt ... story.html
Chorradas

Postby timmy toad » Thu Feb 04, 2016 2:53 pm

I GIVE UP ! I do still stick by what i put down in the first post in this thread, somebody got it WRONG !

of course, it is too late to put it right now !

Tim
Last edited by timmy toad on Thu Feb 04, 2016 8:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
timmy toad

Postby sioux » Thu Feb 04, 2016 8:07 pm

Mick mc Your a counciler you really have messed up Ampthill Park. We are not whinges. You should cancel the celebration of Ampthil Park. What is there to celebrate its a b***** mess. Not many people like going there anymore.
sioux

Next

Return to Ampthill Park