Advertise on ATVAmpthill Print CentreHeathers Cleaning Services

The FURORE at Radio 2.

A place to chat about TV, Music, Films and anything else related to the entertainment business

The FURORE at Radio 2.

Postby Paradise_Alley » Thu Oct 30, 2008 6:24 am

Surprised this hasn't had a mention sooner.
For what it's worth, I can take or leave Jonathon Ross and I agree with Bob Geldof, re Russell Brand.
Sure, they shouldn't have done what they did, however, the bandwagon jumping has been amazing and the matter seems to be getting all out of proportion. From 2 complaints on the night of the broadcast, this rose to 4,800 on Tuesday when I went for a siesta, had risen to 8,000 when I got up again to 18,000+ last night is plain silly. Can you complain about something you didn't hear, only read/heard about?
As for the offended grand-daughter of satanic sluts fame :roll: , I'd take her more seriously if she hadn't got a rather well known PR man doing his stuff for her. It could look to some that she's using her grandfather's fame and the affection people have for him to further a career.
None of these three seem to be emerging with much credit, well to me anyway. Perhaps all three might just disappear.
I feel so sorry for Andrew Sachs.

Pictured here in a well known role.
To jest pieprzone rondo!
Paradise_Alley

Postby Fortytwa » Thu Oct 30, 2008 9:47 am

I cant understand all the fuss it is making in the news - its seems to be loads of Ross/Brand?Sacks and then oh as an after thought this also happened in the world.

It was suggested this morning that Mr Sach's grandaughter was employing cry for cash tactics. I could'nt possibly comment

Fortytwa
Fortytwa

Postby sarek7 » Thu Oct 30, 2008 10:02 am

At least she is now mainstream and will have a shot at being invited on to Big Brother or Strictly :shock:
sarek7

Postby Der Kaiser » Thu Oct 30, 2008 11:25 am

sarek7 wrote:At least she is now mainstream and will have a shot at being invited on to Big Brother or Strictly :shock:

Or Dr Who! You'd get good odds there!! :shock:
Der Kaiser

Postby LILOLIL » Thu Oct 30, 2008 3:27 pm

I didn't hear it, I can take or leave both Ross and Brand, I have only read the transcript .... I think they overstepped the mark BUT what beggars belief is the granddaughter selling her story to the Sun (who turned her down as a page 3 girl) - a classic line being 'she was horrified to have to tell her grandfather that yes she did sleep with Brand' .... what more horrified than when she told him she was a stipper with a group called Satanic Sluts!!!!! Pathetic all 3
LILOLIL

Postby CraftsbyCarolyn » Thu Oct 30, 2008 4:00 pm

Can't be doing with either of them and the ridiculous amount of money that Ross earns - so hope they will be able to find a cheaper replacement with more talent!

What does Geldof think of Brand then?
CraftsbyCarolyn

Postby sarek7 » Thu Oct 30, 2008 4:38 pm

CraftsbyCarolyn wrote:... the ridiculous amount of money that Ross earns...

Brand was paid £200,000 p/a for 2 hours a week for his radio show. £1923 p/h

I'm just off now to see if my boss will give me a pay rise, and back date it. 8)
sarek7

Postby CraftsbyCarolyn » Thu Oct 30, 2008 6:06 pm

...I just heard that...I am sure he obviously put in heaps more effort than two hours....NOT!
CraftsbyCarolyn

Postby masquerade » Thu Oct 30, 2008 8:17 pm

I'm not a big Jonathon Ross fan and Russell Brand seems to be a one gag comedian. In some ways if this was a broadcast in the late evening then you can expect swearing - in fact as has been pointed you can hear swear words quite frequently during the day - we were in the Flying Horse the other lunchtime and a couple of blokes were having a chat which seemed to consist of the f-word every other sentence, also if you go to a football match it's something you have to put up with.

I think the issue with this programme is that it's all a bit like a couple of schoolboys being let loose in a radio studio and losing the plot, so they should have known better, but even more so should the editor or producer of the programme who should have checked it before it was broadcast. It could have been deemed to be breaking the broadcasting code and it should have been checked out before transmission.

Overall it has been blown up by the media - as another means of knocking "the beeb" but it also does raise issues of whether programmes like that should be edited before transmission or whether the "this programme contains adult language" (or whatever) is deemed enough warning.
masquerade

Postby froggy » Thu Oct 30, 2008 10:42 pm

I heard it when it went out,i laughed a LOT!What a load of fuss about nothing,i imagine most complainers havn't even heard it they just dont like them.
Who gives a monkeys about andrew sachs anyhow,he had some small part in a massivly overrated comedy about 900 years ago...
I for one will miss russell brand on radio 2!
Trying is the first step towards failure!
froggy

Postby Paradise_Alley » Fri Oct 31, 2008 5:27 am

CraftsbyCarolyn wrote:What does Geldof think of Brand then?

Not a lot.
Refer to the 2006 NME awards.

He very nearly called Mr Brand a count. Very nearly, but not quite.
To jest pieprzone rondo!
Paradise_Alley

Postby Firefly » Fri Oct 31, 2008 8:36 am

I didn't hear the programme and am one of the very few people who didn't complain.

I wish Miss Baillie all the best in her new career as part of the D list
~*Rachel*~
Firefly

Postby Paradise_Alley » Fri Oct 31, 2008 9:05 am

I've not heard it and don't intend to.
I've not complained about a TV or Radio show EVER** and don't intend to.
I can work the off switch and change the channel if NECESSARY.
30 odd thousand complaints now. Lives need to be obtained.

** Disclaimer - I mean OFFICIAL complaints, as opposed to bellyaching on here.
I reserve the right to do that at any given point.
Just for CLARIFICATION before anyone STARTS.
That is all.
To jest pieprzone rondo!
Paradise_Alley

Postby Fortytwa » Fri Oct 31, 2008 9:51 am

Both Ross and Brand now have to sign on to the Sachs offenders register :D
Fortytwa

Postby Paradise_Alley » Fri Oct 31, 2008 10:14 am

[lol etc.]
Quality!
To jest pieprzone rondo!
Paradise_Alley

Next