Advertise on ATVAmpthill Print CentreHeathers Cleaning Services

The Walking Dead

A place to chat about TV, Music, Films and anything else related to the entertainment business

The Walking Dead

Postby Der Kaiser » Tue Apr 26, 2011 9:14 pm

No, not a reference to any locals but the US mini TV series currently showing on Channel 5. It got rave reviews over there and I think it's 'living' up to them here. Plenty of well-crafted tension, an engaging plot and good acting.

Anyone else watching?
Der Kaiser

Re: The Walking Dead

Postby sarek7 » Wed Apr 27, 2011 12:24 pm

I'm not but it has fans as far afield as the Isle of Sheppey (Malcolm)!
Malcolm, it's a Chinese lantern.

Isle Of Sheppey-24th April 2011
Apr.26, 2011 in Kent Leave a Comment
Location of Sighting: Isle Of Sheppey
Date of Sighting: 24th April 2011
Time: 22:15
Witness Name: Malcolm

Witness Statement:I was watching a TV programme called the Walking dead in my conservatory when I noticed a reflection in the window of a moving orange light in the sky, Iopened the conservarory door and looked out and saw two bright orange lights moving across the sky coming from the direction of Southend, they were quite large to start with and seemed to get smaller and smaller the higher they went. I called my wife to come out and see and she asked if it was a plane, I explained to her that it was not and pointed out a plane that was in the sky travelling in the same direction with it's flashing lights. She agreed that it was something else that neither of us had seen before. I know that there is alot of speculation on similar sightings being chinees lanterns, but these were so high in the sky and the just disappeared after about 10 minutes as the light got smaller ans smaller. Did anyone else see these lights last night?

Source: http://www.uk-ufo.co.uk
sarek7

Postby Jill » Thu May 05, 2011 9:28 pm

We're watching. Have you read the graphic novels? Have to say they are not usually my thing but I was coerced into reading them by my son and couldn't put them down once I had started. TV series has changed the storyline a bit but is still a good rendition.
Jill

Postby Der Kaiser » Sat May 07, 2011 6:05 pm

Jill wrote:We're watching. Have you read the graphic novels? Have to say they are not usually my thing but I was coerced into reading them by my son and couldn't put them down once I had started.

No but thanks for the recommendation and I'll seek them out :wink:
Der Kaiser

Postby Der Kaiser » Wed May 18, 2011 3:49 pm

Imagine my surprise as at the end of the final episode the survivors drive away from the apocalyptic desolation of Atlanta, having lost loved ones and believing themselves to be the only survivors, in-fades Bob Dylan's Tomorrow Is A Long Time.

Interestingly the lonesomeness of the lyric seems to work:

I can’t see my reflection in the waters
I can’t speak the sounds that show no pain
I can’t hear the echo of my footsteps
Or remember the sound of my own name
Yes, and only if my own true love was waitin’
And if I could hear her heart a-softly poundin’
Only if she was lyin’ by me
Then I’d lie in my bed once again
Der Kaiser

Postby gpotter » Thu Feb 09, 2012 6:16 am

I really enjoyed watching the first season but since the extension on its second season, it slowly drifted apart on me. The first season was really intense and action packed which probably is a reason why they got much appreciation from critics and regular viewers alike. And now, it seems like they are trying to milk as much episodes they can get from it making the pace really slow.
gpotter

Postby Ampster » Mon Feb 13, 2012 8:23 pm

I watched a couple of random episodes on a flight to the States in the autumn - must admit I was really impressed. Memo to self - buy the box set.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Walking-Dead-Season-DVD/dp/B004ASOQ6M/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1329160939&sr=8-1
Ampster

Postby Fortytwa » Wed Feb 29, 2012 7:28 pm

they perhaps need to release a boardgame based on the series
Fortytwa

Postby Ampster » Wed Feb 29, 2012 11:12 pm

Season 1 is now only £10 on DVD - sounds a good deal to me, but if you know better ....

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Walking-Dead-Season-DVD/dp/B004ASOQ6M/ref=sr_1_1?s=dvd&ie=UTF8&qid=1330553397&sr=1-1
Ampster

Return to Entertainment