Advertise on ATVAmpthill Print CentreHeathers Cleaning Services

Millbrook Warren update

Houghton Conquest, Marston, Millbrook, Stewartby and Wixams development

Millbrook Warren update

Postby Sagitar » Sat Mar 17, 2012 2:04 pm

I walked around the Warren yesterday and was impressed by the pace of the clearance that is going on in the Center Parcs site. On the north side there are clear sounds of heavy machinery at work and there are glimpses of bright red and yellow machines through the trees. But on the south side, huge areas have already been thinned out:

. . . . and the major logging operation inside the main gate is in full swing.

I stopped close to the road on the north side to try some shots of the blossom, but the light was dire and the dull, bland sky gave it nothing.
This particular spot is just near a lay-by and as I stood there, a car drew up and the driver got out with a plastic bag of rubbish in his hand. He looked at me, I looked at him and he got back into the car, complete with the rubbish and drove away. It was only then that I looked around and saw the load of junk that has been thrown over the fence. It makes me ashamed to be a motorist.

Even on a dull day, some colour can be found . . . .

. . . . . not to mention pattern

I'm not sure that it was worth carrying the camera, but I enjoyed the walk . . . . :P
Sagitar

Re: Millbrook Warren update

Postby Ampster » Sat Mar 17, 2012 2:11 pm

Very interesting photos - things do seem to be happening quickly now - looks like the Amazon rain forest with all those trees being destroyed. :D
Ampster

Postby CraftsbyCarolyn » Sat Mar 17, 2012 4:11 pm

I notice a large selection of oil cans at the lay-by during the week - why do people do it?

Great pictures.
CraftsbyCarolyn

Postby Fortytwa » Sat Mar 17, 2012 6:29 pm

I led a group round there last week and due to a tachnical issue, again today.

Its a great walk. Its hard to describe but if you were to exit the woods on their western side (at the spot where the old path used to go) you can go out towards Beckerings Park Farm. The fields of daffodils down there are just about to come into bloom.
Fortytwa

Postby Sveti » Sat Mar 17, 2012 7:57 pm

CraftsbyCarolyn wrote:I notice a large selection of oil cans at the lay-by during the week - why do people do it?

Great pictures.

Because they are ignorant, selfish and lazy Carolyn.

Infuriating..................

Great pics though!
Sveti

Return to North of Ampthill