Advertise on ATVAmpthill Print CentreHeathers Cleaning Services

Parking woes hit the headlines

Chat about public transport, taxis, car parking or anything else to do with transport in the area

Re: Parking woes hit the headlines

Postby sizzla » Mon Feb 16, 2015 2:45 pm

Thanks for the insight SCRABBLA. I can't even consider putting myself forward because I'm not available most Wednesday evenings.
sizzla

Postby Paradise_Alley » Mon Feb 23, 2015 8:52 pm

sizzla wrote:.... but it's only one of many places. What about Dunstable Street, Oliver Street, Arthur Street, top of Station Road, Church Avenue? I'm sure there are others. There seems to be no enforcement of current parking restrictions, let alone any effort to improve the situation for the future.

Whoever is supposed to be responsible for this is doing a woeful job.

I had the pleasure of using all these roads over the weekend. The parking varied from pretty poor to downright inconsiderate. Loads of vehicles on double yellows, some of which completely obscuring views round corners in the tighter area.
There's loads of easy pickings for the RELEVANT AUTHORITIES, if they could be arsed to take a look.
To jest pieprzone rondo!
Paradise_Alley

Postby sizzla » Mon Feb 23, 2015 10:57 pm

I saw the camera car was in town around lunchtime today, but I've never it in the evenings which is when the parking is worst - when everyone's at home. Does anyone know what hours the camera car operates?
sizzla

Postby CraftsbyCarolyn » Tue Feb 24, 2015 12:29 am

aren't the parking restrictions only til 7 or isn't even 6?

I presume that they will be bringing in residents parking otherwise the car park won't be used.
CraftsbyCarolyn

Postby SCRABBLER » Tue Feb 24, 2015 12:40 pm

I know that my memory is not so good these days - but I seem to recall that the last Town Mayor's epistle in Town and Around, was to the effect that
traffic parking in Bedford Street was about to be sorted.
PROMISES, PROMISES !!!
However, we are now nearly due for a new Town Mayor in May - so that will be a whole year with no movement on this.
SO - does anybody know what is happening with regard to this???? :conf
SCRABBLER

Postby Paradise_Alley » Tue Feb 24, 2015 7:18 pm

SCRABBLER wrote:I know that my memory is not so good these days - but I seem to recall that the last Town Mayor's epistle in Town and Around, was to the effect that
traffic parking in Bedford Street was about to be sorted.
PROMISES, PROMISES !!!
However, we are now nearly due for a new Town Mayor in May - so that will be a whole year with no movement on this.
SO - does anybody know what is happening with regard to this???? :conf

At a wild guess. Jack s***.
To jest pieprzone rondo!
Paradise_Alley

Postby SCRABBLER » Wed Feb 25, 2015 11:55 am

Yeah!!! I guess your right P_A.

Like I said Promises, promises. :roll: :roll:
SCRABBLER

Postby sizzla » Wed Feb 25, 2015 12:05 pm

CraftsbyCarolyn wrote:aren't the parking restrictions only til 7 or isn't even 6?

I'm not sure, but parking on the pavement and on double yellows is illegal 24/7. I have a suspicion that the camera car doesn't work at night, so in the depths of winter they probably knock off at 4pm.

I presume that they will be bringing in residents parking otherwise the car park won't be used.

Maybe, but if they wanted to do this they would have needed to start already - there is a lot of consultation and costs involved to setting up these schemes.
sizzla

Postby CraftsbyCarolyn » Mon Mar 02, 2015 9:39 pm

interesting that Bedford have adverts up all around the town offering free car parking, obviously keen to bring in shoppers to support the town.
CraftsbyCarolyn

Previous

Return to Local Transport