Advertise on ATVAmpthill Print CentreHeathers Cleaning Services

Parking on Bedford St

Chat about public transport, taxis, car parking or anything else to do with transport in the area

Parking on Bedford St

Postby masquerade » Mon Oct 26, 2015 7:12 pm

The parked cars on Bedford St stretched way beyond the "gated" entry to the town -- is anyone going to do anything about this?

Perhaps a note on each car pointing out where there are "safer" places to park would help.
masquerade

Re: Parking on Bedford St

Postby LasagneMan » Sun Nov 01, 2015 7:31 pm

From what I've heard, they're employees from the businesses in the town using the street as long term parking. Similarly Church Avenue is a disaster for drivers as it's jammed as badly. The council is going to have to put in some enforcement or incentive to get these people to use the new car park designed for this type of parking.
Was still reading the Daily Mail online to make sure I've not yet become a grumpy old man.
Then one day, I found I was screaming at the screen.
Now banned from a coffee shop :-)
LasagneMan

Postby Deniselydon » Tue Nov 03, 2015 11:42 pm

Its going to get worse as I have heard on the grapevine that Hillside car sales in Bedford Street are closing & its maybe a car wash so watch out
Last edited by Deniselydon on Sat Nov 07, 2015 10:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deniselydon

Postby CraftsbyCarolyn » Thu Nov 05, 2015 10:54 pm

Noticed how bad it was today, and new car park empty.
CraftsbyCarolyn

Postby LasagneMan » Thu Nov 05, 2015 11:05 pm

Simple reason - Car Park costs, Road free. :-(
Was still reading the Daily Mail online to make sure I've not yet become a grumpy old man.
LasagneMan

Postby oceanbreeze » Thu Nov 05, 2015 11:40 pm

No signage .
oceanbreeze

Postby masquerade » Fri Nov 06, 2015 2:17 pm

Deniselydon wrote:Its going to get worse as I have heard on the grapevine that Hillside car sales in Bedford Street are closing & its going to be a car wash so queuing down the road same as the Flitwick one I had to wait ages last week as cars were trying to get to the car wash from both sides hence no passing

Please can the council or private company buy the land and turn it into a car park -- not another car wash!
masquerade

Postby LasagneMan » Fri Nov 06, 2015 6:21 pm

masquerade wrote:
Deniselydon wrote:Its going to get worse as I have heard on the grapevine that Hillside car sales in Bedford Street are closing & its going to be a car wash so queuing down the road same as the Flitwick one I had to wait ages last week as cars were trying to get to the car wash from both sides hence no passing

Please can the council or private company buy the land and turn it into a car park -- not another car wash!

That is such a sensible idea, it is obvious our council will reject it out of hand. :evil: :lol:
LasagneMan

Postby masquerade » Mon Dec 21, 2015 8:43 pm

Cars were parked even further up Bedford St today -- is there no way that the Hillside Garage site can be opened to car park for the Festive Period?
masquerade

Return to Local Transport