Advertise on ATVAmpthill Print CentreAmpthill Brewhouse

Clean Gutters & painter recommends

Need a plumber, electrician or other trade? Local tradesmen can advertise here - satisfied customers can post recommendations - or you can just ask for advice on who does the best job.

Clean Gutters & painter recommends

Postby SCRABBLER » Fri Jun 16, 2017 12:13 pm

Just had the guttering on the house cleaned out by a chap called Rob from Milton Keynes. He did a good job, no mess - very pleasant, if perhaps a little on the expensive side. However I have not had them done for two or three years so am not up to speed on costs. The roof does tend to suffer from moss
growth with which the birdrs have a field day. Got him out The Oracle, under Guttering. Would recommend.

Now I need the outside painting, any recommendations?
SCRABBLER

Re: Clean Gutters & painter recommends

Postby CraftsbyCarolyn » Sat Jun 17, 2017 10:15 am

we get lots of moss - think the trees cause a lot of problems for us.

and like you say the birds then pick everything out of the gutters.

I keep meaning to ask our window cleaner if he would clean the gutters. Once I had it done, it was dry like now, and they just chucked it on the floor and then I just swept it up, super easy and quick.

sorry no recommends for a painter we don't need the windows painted now.
CraftsbyCarolyn

Postby SCRABBLER » Sat Jun 17, 2017 3:26 pm

Well C,C, if all fails I will go back to The Oracle and find someone from their pages. All the people I have had to do jobs out of their ads have been
good, even if a little on the expensive side. However, if you do not require jobs to be done all that often you rather loose track of what these
things cost.
SCRABBLER

Postby CraftsbyCarolyn » Tue Jul 25, 2017 7:10 pm

...you reminded me to ask the window cleaner to do the gutters, and he has done it now on his visit.

Very impressed, good price
CraftsbyCarolyn

Postby sizzla » Wed Jul 26, 2017 10:58 am

For painting, I can recommend Derek Sinden. A thoroughly nice fellow who does a fine job.

I see this topic has been covered here before, with a number of recommendations:
http://www.ampthill.tv/forum/viewtopic.php?f=67&t=7302
sizzla

Postby oceanbreeze » Thu Aug 03, 2017 8:42 pm

Scrabbler --I can wholeheartedly recommend Derek Sinden too--you know my identity - suffice it to say that he has painted and decorated part or all of the houses that I have lived in---I am sure you will recognise who he is too. Another excellent decorator is Simon French -- alas I have lost his contact details but he lives in Ampthill Ashburnham Road I think.
oceanbreeze

Return to Local Trades