Advertise on ATVAmpthill Print CentreHeathers Cleaning Services

PC Repairs?

Need a plumber, electrician or other trade? Local tradesmen can advertise here - satisfied customers can post recommendations - or you can just ask for advice on who does the best job.

PC Repairs?

Postby mikeg » Tue Apr 30, 2013 11:19 am

Well the 5 year old Desktop PC has finally blue screened and is now currently unuseable. So i guess it needs a new hard drive and all the stuff restoring. so can anyone recommend a good local person who can visit our house to have a look at it and ideally repair?
mikeg

Re: PC Repairs?

Postby SCRABBLER » Tue Apr 30, 2013 12:52 pm

I hope this might be helpful to you.
NetGeek is advertising in the Oracle this month.
For 1 month (until the end of May) they are offering everyone who contacts them via the new 'Contact Page' a hugh 20% discount on their prices published
online. i.e. NetGeek.co.uk.
or you could try phoning them and having a word on 015235 888099. calls answered 24/7 according to their advert.
If they can't help you, perhaps they would know someone who could. They are local!!
Please note I am not connected to them in anyway - no axes to grind -BUT- from experience I have found that all the firms I have used out of The Oracle
have given value for money and have been very helpful. You could also try D.L.Computers on 01525 306115 - e.mail DARREN@'DLCOMPUTERS.CO.UK.
Also advertising in The Oracle - New Computers built to specification etc.etc. :AA
SCRABBLER

Postby sizzla » Tue Apr 30, 2013 2:03 pm

Probably better off getting a new PC. Most corporates work on a three year replacement cycle, so a five year old machine is over the hill.
sizzla

Postby LasagneMan » Tue Apr 30, 2013 3:22 pm

I'd recommend Compu-doc.
Address: Willowgarth, Ampthill, Bedford MK45 2SG
Phone:01525 402227

He lives on the Stables, off Oliver Street.

Regards
Clive
Was still reading the Daily Mail online to make sure I've not yet become a grumpy old man.
Then one day, I found I was screaming at the screen.
Now banned from a coffee shop :-)
LasagneMan

Postby masquerade » Tue Apr 30, 2013 6:39 pm

I've used compudoc and NetGeek in the past who came to my house -- also taken my pc to Powercomputing in Kempston for upgrades.
masquerade

Postby Sveti » Tue Apr 30, 2013 7:35 pm

LasagneMan wrote:I'd recommend Compu-doc.

Regards
Clive

Agree, excellent service every time. Wouldn't use anyone else!
Sveti

Postby mikeg » Tue Apr 30, 2013 10:03 pm

Many thanks to all, some useful numbers here ill give some a try and let you know how I get on. I don't want a new PC as this one is still perfectly serviceable assuming the problem can be fixed at a reasonable cost....I have an old netbook too that's blown up may get that looked at too as that's about 8 years old...
mikeg

Postby CraftsbyCarolyn » Wed May 01, 2013 8:52 pm

When I had my done I bought a driver that you can just put in your hard disk and then plug and play onto the PC. The place at Maulden were not that good at recovering all that I wanted, so in the end I just got them to get it up and running and sorted out the data myslef - much easier and probably cheaper in the long run. I paid £20 for it from MK market

it is an icy box hdd external enclosure for 3.5" hard drive. Probably not a great product for constant use - but perfect for what I wanted.
CraftsbyCarolyn

Postby mikeg » Tue May 07, 2013 8:15 am

PC man booked in for a couple of weeks time! Stay posted on this exciting episode - updates to come.
mikeg

Postby mikeg » Tue May 28, 2013 6:02 pm

Sveti wrote:
LasagneMan wrote:I'd recommend Compu-doc.

Regards
Clive

Agree, excellent service every time. Wouldn't use anyone else!

Yes visited at home and pretty much diagnosed the problem. Removed over the bank holiday and returned today. Fully working and given a Hoover down too. Would recommend comp-doc now looking forward to another 8 years service using vista......
mikeg

Postby Sveti » Tue May 28, 2013 6:06 pm

That's good to hear. John always does an excellent job - glad he lives nearby!!
Sveti

Return to Local Trades