Advertise on ATVAmpthill Print CentreHeathers Cleaning Services

950 homes in Arlesey approved

Talk about your days out starting from Ampthill, and places of interest.

Re: 950 homes in Arlesey approved

Postby SCRABBLER » Fri Jun 29, 2018 10:59 am

Do you mean to tell me that they are actually going to build houses somewhere other than Ampthill ;-() :bo
SCRABBLER

Postby sizzla » Fri Jun 29, 2018 12:43 pm

SCRABBLER wrote:Do you mean to tell me that they are actually going to build houses somewhere other than Ampthill ;-() :bo

I know you're joking, but Ampthill if getting off light compared with areas to the north of here (Wixxams, Kempston, Sharnbrook ...).
sizzla

Postby SCRABBLER » Sat Jun 30, 2018 3:43 pm

Originally Wixams was deemed to take up the slack for Bedfordshire with regard to new housing. Plus new school, medical facilities and a new railway
station (yet to come to fruition). The small Towns and Villages were to expect limited growth - that WAS the plan. How things have changed.
I do realise that people have to live somewhere and that we could expect expansion, but Ampthill has tripled in size in under 10 years. That's a lot of
people in a very short space of time. Now they are talking about the expansion of Marston. And because we are now on the designated Cambridge-Oxford
orbit I am sure there will be a lot more to come.I feel very fortunate to have been able to enjoy Ampthill when it really was just a small rather quiet
Market Town that nobody had really heard of. I pity Arlesey - 1000 new homes on your doorstep is no joke.
SCRABBLER

Return to Further Afield