Advertise on ATVAmpthill Print CentreHeathers Cleaning Services

Woburn Street excitement

The latest news and gossip about what's happening in Ampthill.

Woburn Street excitement

Postby Sagitar » Wed Jul 18, 2018 9:46 am

What was going on in Woburn Street last night. The Police had it closed off at the Town Centre end and I saw a fire engine and more than one ambulance parked in the street as I drove by.

All seems to be back to normal this morning.
Sagitar

Re: Woburn Street excitement

Postby SCRABBLER » Wed Jul 18, 2018 2:00 pm

4.45pm yesterday afternoon I was trying to negotiate Woburn Street from the Town end only to find that there had been an accident close the top of the hill.
There was a large Land Rover in front of me and after a few minutes wait realised that nothing was going to move while the cars involved were sorting
themselves out and seeing what damage had been done. Both the Land Rover and I then made a turn to get out of Woburn Street back into the Town Centre
trying to alert those trying to get into Woburn Street that there was a problem. However the traffic travelling along Dunstable Street into Bedford Street
seemed quite oblivious of anything at all and kept on going regardless of those of us then trying to negotiate the build up of traffic.
It amazes me that drivers can be so self absorbed that they cannot see when problems are arising in front of them. It wasn't until one kind driver did in
fact stop that things began to get sorted out. So many thanks to whoever that was because I think I should still be sitting in my car now rather than
writing this!!
With regard to Fire Brigade ect., - No idea!
SCRABBLER

Re: Woburn Street excitement

Postby CraftsbyCarolyn » Thu Jul 19, 2018 8:12 pm

I saw the road was closed as I came down Bedford Street - a police car at the bottom of the hill, and had wondered what was going on.
CraftsbyCarolyn

Return to What's Happening